Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Baba who Ran...

Another day another Tamasha!The greatness of democrasy is that everyone has the right to protest.I too can block the road if the water supply to my house is disrupted.

The issue was heavy although I dont agree with what was demanded on Article 377 etc.As a yogi albeit a rich yogi doing some social good is a noble thought but for someone who models himself on the old warrior saints of India to run away when chased by the police and to dress as a woman and try to sneak away was simply,gut wrenchingly pathetic.

I would have appreciated Baba Ramdev if he had taken a few bamboo cane hits along with the supporters who did so his behalf.And now the scenario of getting his blood pressure and weight monitored on an hourly basis.I would not like to use the word "coward" but its there at the back of my mind.

In history there have been a few who have sat in public without food during day and eaten their fill away from prying eyes at night!

For the sake of this country lets keep the gimmickry off such serious issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment